Wednesday, January 26, 2011

High-pitched screeching

One of my 18mo old twins is a screamer. When Maxwelle doesn't get her way or when her brother snatches something out of her hand, she lets out a high-pitched screech that is going to be responsible for my first gray hair.

I haven't figured out how to channel this passion in a positive direction. Right now, I just look at her and pray for patience and try to get past the drama. And this is how I know that God is who the Bible says He is.

He is patient.
He is longsuffering.
He is merciful.
He is love.

He showers me with love that I can't get away from no matter what I do or how I act (Romans 8:38). 

I'm sure I've thrown a high-pitched screeching tantrum at Him before. Yet, what I experience from Him is not a roll of the eyes, frustration or a "Girl, you are gonna drive me crazy today!" He doesn't need a time out from me. Mercy (not giving me what I deserve). Grace (giving me what I don't deserve). Love. Patience. He's given me so much of it, so often that I'm sure I must have a little extra to pass on to my dear baby girl.

Love is patient and kind.
Love is not irritable
Love endures through every circumstance. (from 1 Corinthians 13, NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment