Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a dose of epidural is not an ounce of prevention

My new motto is, "There's nothing wrong, until there's something wrong."
My OB would like me to believe that an epidural is the way to prepare for an emergency situation like an emergency c-section (ignoring that that very epidural could throw things off course and lead to an emergency c-section).
Funny how all of this so-called "prevention" is planned for the day of delivery, but in the 8 months that I've been pregnant, I've never been asked:
  • how are you feeling?
  • are you taking your vitamins?
  • are you stressed out?
  • how's your diet?
  • are you resting?
So, now, is when we're going to try to prepare and avoid complications? Interesting. Glad I have a midwife who is concerned about me getting to term in good health so I can avoid preventable complications. Dealing with "the medical establishment" stresses me out to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment